In many countries of the world, cases of corona infection are once again increasing rapidly. On 7 January in India, the number of new cases of Covid crossed the 1 lakh mark. In India, more than 1 lakh 17 thousand new cases of Kovid have been reported in a day.
Omicron variants are believed to be the main reason for the increase in corona cases. According to experts, the infection spreads very rapidly due to this variant of Kovid-19, so people need to take extra precautions.
All kinds of questions are arising in the minds of people regarding Omicron. The biggest question is what to do if a member of your household gets infected with the Omicron variant of Kovid-19?
Amidst the increasing cases of corona in India, the Ministry of Health of India has issued revised guidelines related to this this week. Let us know that if a person gets infected with the Omicron variant of Corona, then what should be taken care of by the patient and his family members.
Home Quarantine or Hospital?
Asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic corona patients who are below 60 years of age and not suffering from any other disease have generally been advised to remain in home quarantine.
What should an infected person do?
After the corona test report comes positive, first of all patients should know that they do not have to panic but have to act with restraint.
The variants are detected only after genome sequencing, so the initial test report does not mention the variants of the corona virus, yet it is very important to take precaution in view of the increasing cases of Omron.
1. The patient should be immediately isolated in a separate room. There should be adequate ventilation in this room.
2. Whether it is Omicron or any other variant of corona, the infected person should always wear a mask. Especially when coming close to any other person, he should be well put on a mask.
3. The patient should be in constant touch with the doctor. Your oxygen level, heart rate etc. should be continuously checked at intervals of a few hours. In case of any problem or feeling uncomfortable, the person or doctor should be informed immediately.
4. Any infected person should be treated according to the advice of doctors. Especially medicines should be taken only after the advice of the doctor.
What should the relatives of an infected person do?
If any member of your family has been infected with the Omicron variant of Corona, then the family members must take care of some special things.
They should strictly follow the guidelines of the World Health Organization and the Ministry of Health of India for proper patient care and breaking the chain of infection.
1. According to the guidelines of the Government of India, the family should go into home isolation for 14 days, after that the health of all the members of the family should be monitored for the next 14 days or till the corona test report comes negative.
2. One member of the family should be made responsible for the care of the corona patient. This person should be available whenever the patient needs help.
3. The person going around the patient should wear a three-layered mask. Especially when it is near the patient, use N95 mask. Avoid touching the outer part of the mask. It is also very important to replace the mask immediately if it is old, dirty or wet.
4. The most important thing in the fight against Corona is to keep washing hands frequently and keeping them clean. Wash hands continuously for at least 40 seconds with soap or handwash. Do this several times a day, especially after coming in contact with the patient.
5. Avoid coming in contact with the fluids coming out of the patient’s body like sputum or saliva etc. Therefore, always use gloves while taking care of the patient. These gloves also need to be changed every now and then.
6. Items that the patient has used or is doing, should be avoided by the rest of the household. For example, the utensils, towels and bedsheets of a corona infected person should not be used by any other family member. Avoid eating and drinking while sitting with a corona patient.
How careful should ?
The family or other person caring for in home isolation should keep monitoring the patient’s condition continuously.
If the patient has a fever of more than 100 degrees for several consecutive days, difficulty in breathing, oxygen level is below 93%, persistent chest pain, fatigue, then he should be provided medical help immediately.
medical waste disposal
During home isolation, enough medical waste gets accumulated in the house. In this, a big contribution is made to used masks, syringes, medicines, food items.
Since most of these things have been used by patients, the risk of spreading infection from them is very high.
Therefore , instead of throwing such bio-medical waste here and there, it should be disposed of by storing it in a packet or plastic.